Monday, July 25, 2011

I knew you would read this

Once again, another light day.  I'm not usually one to complain about a lack of work but it's getting rather ridiculous(HA).  It's not all bad though, I believe I may have psychic abilities.  I came back down to the studio early for a workout thinking the whole time that my client was going to call and cancel, which, in fact, he did.

Is it possible that I manifested this ocurrence via my negative thought energy leaking out into the cosmic consciousness and then transmuting itself into depleted battery acid in his car?  Or did the cosmos know that I wouldn't have made sure to get my own workout in if I knew he wasn't going to come in?

Fit Topic of the day
Personal Motivation.  Planning and getting started are the most difficult parts of beginning and maintaining and exercise routine.  I'm not usually one for bulletin board quotations but I felt truly inspired by this one.

It's an f-ing brilliant quote from my favorite(only) podcast, "WTF with Marc Maron".  He interviewed Comedian Nick Thune who expressed feeling uneasy about getting an hour long spot at a big festival when he was still relatively new.  Worried that others felt he hadn't waited in line long enough to deserve this spot, Marc interrupted with this gem, "There is no line.....only waiting."

If you believe there is a line to wait in, you will always be waiting in that line.  I can't start my exercise program until I do 'X'.  As you probably have found out, in addition to 'X' there are a whole set of letters  waiting to be completed.   Instead, try telling yourself that there is no line, there is no need to wait to begin anything.

Stew on that young padawan.

Me and My Ipod:
Forward to Reverse Lunge Alt legs, Dumbbell Fly on Ball, Seated CHEK press, Standing Deltoid raise x3 sets
Treadmill 20 min - Genius mix: The Heavy, UNKLE, Snow Patrol, Kasabian etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment