Friday, July 29, 2011

Make it work

Friday is here capping off anothter light week of work.  Heading into the final weekend before our trip, so very excited about that.  Spent a lot of the extra time learning about writing resources online, thanks to my sister-in-law's generous help.  I was surprised at how advanced our library system is with all of it's online access to materials.  I guess that's some indication of how long it's been since i've been there.  Still, next week I'm planning to make a physical trip there and check some things out to take with me perhaps.

Fit Topic of the Day
Getting it in - My workouts went pretty well this week, as I got in all the ones I wanted to.  However, I did get derailed a bit on one day and so I shortened my plan for that day.  If you've been keeping a workout log or enjoy a specific routine that you or your fitness pro wrote for you that's great.  One of the more common things said to me is, "I had everything ready to workout until...."

Stuff happens, believe me I get it and can completely relate.  You send Billy outside so you can workout in peace only to have Billy come back inside crying because he stepped in some nice mushy dog shit that is now tracked in through your back door.  Perhaps your 1/2 hour at lunch was interrupted by someone else's incompetence which you have to now fix.  Whatever the reason you got kicked off of your schedule and have maybe 1/4 of the original time you alotted.

Instead of losing the whole days workout lets find some truth in the saying, "something is better than nothing."  Choose the most challenging exercises on your plan and just do those.  You won't like them any better than if you'd had the whole time available and if my client's grumblings are any indication they're usually the best one's for you to be doing.

Shorten the number of sets you are supposed to do.  Even if that means you only get through the workout 1x for each exercise, that's ok.  Your joints, tendons, muscles, and brain all got a little lubrication and satisfaction from the activity.

Me and My Ipod:
Squats, 6 count (slow) pushups, Ball crunch with Dumbbell.
WTF with Marc Maron: Richard Lewis episode

Rediculously Fit person of the day:
Namdi Asomugah - Cornerback for the Oakland Raiders Philadelphia Eagles.  So long Namdi, it was nice having you on the team but, I completely understand why you left.
Apparently, according to a Yahoo piece on the trade, this guy is so crazy good(and Fit) that they have to lower their standards to calculate how often opposing quarterbacks throw to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment